Ozwell Wayfarer

Re: resizing issues

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

and also the same with singularity
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Ilan,

I've had a similar problem in the past. Not just with trees or linksets. I used Firestorm and Imprudence interchangeably. I did a clean install of Firestorm yesterday because I was having problems uploading textures and meshes (it worked by the way). Anyway... trying to focus...

In Firestorm if I try sizing even a single prim using the corners to "scale all", it will bounce back to 10m after I go over 10m. If I scale each side individually, I can go up to 64m on every side. If after scaling over 10 individually, I grab the corners to "scale all", it pops back to 10m. Same with any linkset.

Just checked Imprudence - same result with a single prim. Linksets get really squirrely - not stretching evenly.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Marstol,

That sounds like a very weird viewer bug (the server doesn't care about these sizes unless they pass the max megaprim size, which is set at 256m in Kitely).
Ozwell Wayfarer

for the record, I have no troubles with single prims. I even resized a house and it scaled perfectly. It just seems to be trees. I am trying to find other things. I even tried scaling one of the very complex statues I bought from Jade leaf studions and had no problems going right the way up to 64m with no snap back or distortion. Its very puzzling. I tried with singularity, firestorm and imprudence, all with much the same result.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Thanks Ilan - I'm not really worried about it. I'm pretty good at finding ways to work around issues. Just trying to help, but it appears Oz has a different issue. :)
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Is it possible that the issue is with mesh upload, maybe specific to firestorm, or a specific firestorm version, or LOL, specific to the operator (me, maybe I am doing something wrong in mesh upload)? am having the same issues. I think most of my tree linksets on the ohn freebies region are a combination of mesh and sculptie, mesh for the tree trunk and sculptie for the branches. Just like Ozwell says, I can take one of them, already sized well over 10m, try to change the size, and they all snap back to under 10m.

Even when I try to resize one of my 1-prim mesh-only dead trees (i made in blender), it snaps back now, but its original size is definitely bigger than 10m. This is also true for mesh trees I did not make, and got from a creator on turbosquid.

I have some all mesh trees in unsound ile that are from turbosquid. These show the same behavior. The ones that are rezzed are roughly 16 x 19 x 40 meters. When I make a copy of one and try to resize it, it snaps in size back down to 10m.
These users thanked the author Ohn Lang for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

When firestorm opensim 4.3.1 (31155) was released, I immediately downloaded, but had problems with prim size limits at 10m. So I uninstalled and went back to 4.2.2 (29837). That's the version I am using at the moment.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Thanks Ohn. I just tried it out quickly in OSG with a mesh snappy tree and a sculpty tree and both work fine there.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:Thanks Ohn. I just tried it out quickly in OSG with a mesh snappy tree and a sculpty tree and both work fine there.
I'm wondering if it is operator (me) error. When struggling with the trees here in Kitely, is it specifically my trees only that you had the problem with? Or any trees at all? When you tried it out in OSG, did you upload the snappy tree yourself? If so, what viewer and version did you use?

It may be that when I upload mesh, I am doing something wrong.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Hey Ohn,

I have tried it with some of my own snappytrees too, and also with a 2 prim sculptie tree I purchased from PIRA technologies, so I dont think it is anything to do with your uploading skills ;) . When I was in OSG I was using the latest OS version of Firestorm, just like I use in Kitely.