Need a restart, I think

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Adagio Greenwood

Need a restart, I think

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

One of my regions is hung up (#3.1 of my 16). I started uploading a new RAW file and then accidentally closed my viewer (dodo, I know!) Now, I keep getting the message that " Another Terrain Upload is in progress. Please wait your turn!" It has been over 30 minutes so I don't think it is going to get unhung by itself and I don't seem to have the ability to restart this region. The other regions are fine. Can you help? Thanks!

Adagio
Ilan Tochner

Re: Need a restart, I think

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Adagio,

If you exit a world (and no one else is in it) then it automatically shuts down after a few minutes. The next time you enter that world it will be launched on a freshly started sim.

I therefore suggest you exit the world, wait 5 minutes then reenter it.
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Thanks, Ilan, I will go back in in a few minutes. :D

Adagio
Jean Swashbuckler

Post by Jean Swashbuckler »

Different question but it does have to do with restarts. I'm trying to think through the steps.

In SL we used to host a tribute band's concerts. The band had high prim numbers and scripts in their stage. We would trigger a region restart before people started to arrive to reset everything. In a Kitely world would we just leave the sim and hope someone doesn't teleport in during the few minutes the system waits before packing it up or is there a way to trigger a manual restart?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Jean,

You can temporarily change the access restrictions for a world to make it private, exit that world, wait 5 minutes then change it back to being public. This time should suffice to have the world go offline and restart the next time it is entered.

You can change a world's access controls by pressing the appropriate Mange link in your My Worlds page. This will open the Manage World dialog for that world in which you'll find the Access tab.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

if it's a megaregion... you can toggle advanced megaregion mode from the world webpage which will stop the world, then re-enable it seconds later if you can't wait the 5 minutes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Jean Swashbuckler

Post by Jean Swashbuckler »

Thanks for the quick responses Ilan and Dundridge. Exactly what I needed. Cheers.
These users thanked the author Jean Swashbuckler for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Changing to and from Advanced Megaregion mode is a more resource heavy operation, I recommend you don't use it just to force a restart.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

One of the pluses to this system here is that when regions go offline, the necessity for region restarts in all other commercial grids, does not exist...as it is done each time all leave the region.

This is actually a very good thing in several regards, and as an aside, in grids where grid owners need a request for a restart, this concept has reduced this extra time consuming task for Kitely owners.

[this is my first comment of the day so this may not make much sense...drinks more coffee]
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDundridge Dreadlow
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...